Saturday 9 June 2012

DIY Glitter Collar


In this post I will show you how to make a REALLY SIMPLE glitter collar (it literally takes no time at all). This is very effective and on trend at the moment, however, this is not the most permanent solution to a glitter collar, it's just a bit of fun and may not last very long due to the materials used. Feel free to substitue any materials used to make a more hard wearing piece.

You will need:
- old shirt
- scissors
- pen
- glitter foam with sticky back (bought from poundland)

Materials needed

Start by carefully cutting the shirt collar off at the seams

This is what you will be left with

Lay the collar out flat to get rid of wrinkles, although I didn't it may be wise to iron it

Mark the shape of the design on the back of the sticky back glitter foam, the collar may be too big so mark a centre point and do this in two halves as I have done

This is what your design will look like once drawn out

Cut out the shapes

Peel the back away from the glitter foam and stick firmly to the collar, repeat for both pieces and even out the seam at the back

The finished piece



Very simple yet effective. This is just a fun way to spruce up an outfit, as I said it is not very durable and the glitter does fall out a little so glitter material and fabric glue may work better. This was just something fun I thought I'd try out and share, not a very serious DIY but hey ho :)
xo

13 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! It looks so cute :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea, I bet if you put some hairspray on top of that the glitter would stay on much better :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this D.I.Y. - might have to give it a go at some point! x

    www.couturenoir.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome babe, love collars & you can't go wrong with a glittery one. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous idea! I will definitely try this out as soon as my exams have finished. Thanks for this post, it's clear and the step-by-step guide is brilliant! I have to say, I absolutely LOVE your hair! Aaah you remind me of Charlotte Free, you're so beautiful and I'm SUPER envious of your hair! I wish I could die my hair a colour like this, but it really wouldn't suit me! I am thinking of maybe dip-dying my hair a lilac colour but I'm sure it wouldn't suit me at all. Haha, sorry for this huge comment, I'm do glad I stumbled across a wonderful blog run by a wonderful person with fabulous hair and a great taste in fashion. You can definitely count me as your newest, most avid reader and follower! I have bookmarked your blog and as soon as my exams have finished (next wednesday) I really want to feature your blog and this post on one of my "link love" posts! I wanted to get your permission first if I could perhaps feature your blog on mine and perhaps use a picture from your blog too? My blog is - www.missiffa.com. Do get back to me thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea!! I love it! I love everything glittery so this is a perfect DIY for me!! :)

    p.s. I hope you will check out my fashion blog too,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so creative! im going to do it with white on my denim :D

    www.totallybriful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab!

    LOVE your hair!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a clever idea! :)x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! This is beyond cute~ You're very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute and so clever! might have to try this out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete